Friday, March 04, 2011

Over a year later...

Was my last post really over a year ago... actually almost two years now? What has happened between then and now? I can tell you I have finally embraced this journey I am on. It is funny because as I read the previous posts I have written, I can't believe how different I am sitting here in this very place I now call my home. I was never consistent at posting to this blog. I just simply love to read my friends blogs and the blogs that inspire them. I just never really felt like I had anything "inspirational" to say. But I have realized that nothing I can say will inspire except for the amazing things God is doing in "Our journey". So I decided to finally do some "fixing and updates" on our blog. To use it (our blog) as a place of contemplation, healing, and figuring out what this journey means.

It is so overwhelming to read all the miraculous and marvelous things God does in all of our lives. I can go from blog to blog and just sit here and be amazed at His hand. I have come to the realization that reading and writing in this way can be so freeing. In a way it frees you from the bondage of your circumstances and gives you a whole new perspective. You realize that this world is so full of people just like you... on a journey.

Our journey's are all different. Some of us get to stay in one place our whole life...or some have the opportunity to experience life in different places. Some of us experience an incredible amount of disaster and heartache... some of us just get to go through life with so much joy and happiness... Regardless what we go through, we NEVER go through it alone. This past year has been one of the most difficult times in my faith. I felt like I have been shaken to my very core and have been put in a place I never would had expected! I know now why God only gives us small glimpses of where He is leading us.

I hope that my words in this blog bring satisfaction and honor to my Savior...

1 comment:

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

Yea- back to blogging!!! LOVE reading it! We, too LOVE coffee!! :) Got to go to a couple coffee plantations in Hawaii and it was really interesting to see how they pick coffee beans and roast them and then taste it! We bought some chocolate covered coffee beans at the one place and they are really good- but 1 goes a long way- lots of caffeine:) Miss you!