Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Perspective...

Every Tuesday morning I take Abby to a gymnastics class at our local YMCA. I've decided to run on the treadmill while she is at class. I am thankful that I can take Micah and put him in the child watch for about an hour. When I first took her I found myself complaining... as usual. But today I received a different perspective... What I do with my time and I mean every minute of the day should not be about me. "How can I benefit" and "I should get the best since I am paying for it". My complaining list just went on and on... I am not sure why I have been so challenged lately on this part of my life but wondering if there is something God truly wants me to learn. As I walked around the Y doing my thing, I began to see through totally different eyes. Like I put on someones glasses and had to squint my eyes a little. I saw what I think Jesus sees all the time. That is people that are so lost and confused that they don't even know where to turn. People that literally have nothing but try to live like they do. I have to be honest... I am not sure I want to see this way all the time... After a few minutes my heart began to get so heavy. I don't know where this is going to lead me and what God wants me to do but I was brought to these verses:
"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding."
Ephesians 1:7-8

1 comment:

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

hey girl!

i hear ya on the complaining- i have those days, too! but thankfully, God gives us many things in life that overshadow anything we could complain about- like our kids! and our husbands!! so cool that cora and malorie have the same birthday! it's funny because i said to jesse last week, "when was cora born?" i know it was after our wedding. i wonder how close it is to malorie's birthday- too funny! hope you guys are doing well. just talked to mel bennett the other day. she and i agree that you, jess crisp, she, and i all need to get together this summer now that we're all back on the east coast!