Monday, September 22, 2008

Back online...

o... Since the day Micah was born and I became a mother of three... I can believe how fast the day goes by. Some days I can't even keep track of what time it is. But I have learned to just take one day at a time. These past five weeks have been a journey for me. Going from a steady routine that I could control to everything spinning out of control has made me put so many things into perspective. I was having such a hard time with the demands of Cora, Abby, Micah and Anthony. I am just one person and did not know if I could handle it. BUT God continues to whisper in my ear the I am not doing this alone. He is there when I am stretched beyond my capabilities and reminds me why I wanted to be a mom. Oh and I love being the mom to these crazy kids. I am so in love my new son. He has brought more meaning and joy to my life!


Enjoy the pictures of the past few weeks...






3 comments:

Susanna Joy said...

Joy,
I'm also bracing myself for the transition to being a mommy of three... The baby's due in February, and I'm just expecting I won't want to take all 3 of them anywhere by myself until May. I think it's a safe bet. ;)
I know you're doing a great job, but isn't it funny how overwhelming it can be to be "just a mom?" (I say that with the utmost sarcasm.) I feel like no one ever warned me that it was the hardest thing I was ever going to do. My best friend had a mentor in college who told her "Marriage and motherhood are not for the faint of heart." I think that was a graceful, honest assesment.
I'll be praying for you, that there's more pleasure and joy than frustration.

Jess said...

Joy - I have been in your spot, and some days still am. One day at a time! Grip the Grace that will save you every time you feel overwhelmed. Everytime you feel like the next person to talk, cry, scream, say, "MOMMMYYYYYY!" will have their head bitten off. Know that this two shall pass and it will get easier. My life is easier today than it was with just three kids, I'm not sure how - but it is.
And remember this, the words easy and normal are relative. NEVER compare your life to someone elses. The life you have is the best!

Jesse, Jess, Corban, and Malorie said...

Hey girl! Congrats on a healthy little man- welcome to the world of boys (although, you get plenty of the boy world from Morgan;) Anyway, I want to come and visit you and your family! Let me know when you're ready for some visitors. We're not THAT far away:) Love and miss you (and I'm praying for you!!) You rock!